AJE Pronconsul Edition is for people that really want to send the message to the world, that the AJE team and Ageod, producing those detailed historical strategy games, should continue and expand in the future and thus need our support! You also get the following 7 bonuses, in addition to your digital copy of the game:
* Be part of the decision process to select which expansion pack or DLC will go next in production
* An extra digital and DVD backed-up copy of the game for a buddy of yours (add the additional address when you order).
* 'Proconsul' Icon (A Patrician head) added underneath your name in the forum
* Your portrait in-game, added as a Roman leader (you can ask to be a Pontic general or a barbarian too!), appearing in at least a scenario! Send us your source photo by mail
* Get your name in the credit section of the game, as soon as the first patch is released (or on Day 1 if you pre-order the game!), plus your name added immediately in the AJE credits forum thread.
* All future expansion packs or single-scenario release for AJE for free, including Birth of Rome expansion pack for free, upon its release (ETA Spring 2013)
* A backup DVD of the game, sent to your physical address, with handwritten thanks from the team.
* On the backup DVD a special edition of the manual signed by the team, plus the original maps (full bmp format) of the game (normal and winter), a smaller PDF map, and a special map showing the game’s region by terrain types.
Please don't forget to include in your order's comments your AGEOD forum nick/alias
The game enjoys most of the features and improvement from previous AGEOD games, plus some brand new specific features:
• Ancient Command and Supply System (based on the Wars in America system), allowing for a good representation of historical army command in the Roman era.
• Quick and simple system of Construction of Units, allowing players to choose and purchase their forces as they wish (or can) during the annual and grand campaigns.
• Decisions features, playable on the map, like wild card assets
• Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple choice events and options, thereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability.
• Different updates and other rules, in particular combat system adapted to the Ancient warfare and Sieges.
• Map: all of the Roman Empire and neighboring lands, with over 2800 different regions and seas, giving a lot of room for maneuvers.
• Over a thousand new leaders (main leaders have individual portraits) and hundreds units with accurate pictures.
Five scenarios, starting 87 BC till 193 AD, including the well-known “Caesar vs. Pompey” civil war between 50 and 44 BC, or the infamous “Year of the Four Emperors 69 AD”
Scenarios vary in length from a few months to several years (with a monthly turn scale)