The game enjoys most of the features and improvement from previous AGEOD games, plus some brand new specific features:
• Ancient Command and Supply System (based on the Wars in America system), allowing for a good representation of historical army command in the Roman era.
• Quick and simple system of Construction of Units, allowing players to choose and purchase their forces as they wish (or can) during the annual and grand campaigns.
• Decisions features, playable on the map, like wild card assets
• Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple choice events and options, thereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability.
• Different updates and other rules, in particular combat system adapted to the Ancient warfare and Sieges.
• Map: all of the Roman Empire and neighboring lands, with over 2800 different regions and seas, giving a lot of room for maneuvers.
• Over a thousand new leaders (main leaders have individual portraits) and hundreds units with accurate pictures.
Five scenarios, starting 87 BC till 193 AD, including the well-known “Caesar vs. Pompey” civil war between 50 and 44 BC, or the infamous “Year of the Four Emperors 69 AD”
Scenarios vary in length from a few months to several years (with a monthly turn scale)